1. Parallel Programming in C with MPI and OpenMP by Michael J. Quinn, McGraw-Hill, 2003.
Some reference books are:
2. Parallel Programming: Techniques and Applications Using Networked Workstations and Parallel Computers by B. Wilkinson and M. Allen.
3. Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment by W. Richard Stevens.
4. Solution for questions on textbook
5. A Hands-on Introduction to OpenMP
6.Hadoop : The definitive Guide
Reference books to dowmload: https://pan.baidu.com/s/14V4KoJ9PJ6KpZRh8IQMrow
Your final grade for the course will be based on the following weights:
There will be a few assignments (2 - 3 times). Projects are conducted by groups of 1 or 2 students.
|Chapter||Lecture Notes for Book1||Lecture Notes for Book2|
|1||Motivation and History||Parallel Computers|
|2||Parallel Architectures||Message-Passing Computing|
|3||Parallel Algorithm Design||Embarrassingly Parallel Computations|
|4||Message-Passing Programming||Partitioning and Divide-and-Conquer Strategies|
|5||The Sieve of Eratosthenes||Pipelined Computations|
|6||Floyd's Algorithms||Synchronous Computations|
|7||Performance Analysis||Load Balancing and Termination Detection|
|8||Matrix-vector Multiplication||Programming with Shared Memory|
|9||Document Classification||Distributed Shared Memory|
|10||Monte Carlo Methods||Sorting Algorithms|
|11||Matrix Multiplication||Numerical Algorithms|
|12||Solving Linear Systems||Image Processing|
|13||Finite Difference Methods|
|15||The Fast Fourier Transform|
|18||Combining MPI and OpenMP|
Notes to download：https://pan.baidu.com/s/1xSMQoOYv4U7nkGo4HdP-kA
homework to download: https://jbox.sjtu.edu.cn/l/WuCIJ9 password: zzis
uploads for teachers: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1c8fe6MQCiCiOUBI8wh-14Q password: 8rgz